Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sharknado 2

I just finished watching the rifftrax live for Sharknado 2. I mean I'm in the car on the way home now. So with it fresh on my mind let's quickly talk about mystery science theater 3000.

MST3K was a show on Comedy Central in the late 90s. It started Joel a janitor for Gizmonic. He did a fine job, but his bosses didn't like so they shot him into space. Now they send him cheesy movies. The worst they can. They have him sit and watch them all as they monitor his mind. Now keep in mind Joel can't control when those movies begin or end because  he used those special parts to make his robot friends.

Now the "story" I just said is not important at all. MST3K is about one thing and one thing only. Making fun of bad movies. That's it. The show knows the story is stupid, but it doesn't care. The show knows the focus is about making fun of old movies, so it doesn't try to be any more than that. With that in mind I don't see why I should talk about the story any more. Really I shouldn't even talk about the characters because that's not what the show is about. The show is about making fun of cheesy movies.

The interesting thing about the show is actually how simple it is. At the end of the day it is a show about some friends watching a movie and making fun of it. Most people have done it before, but these people made a show out of it. Compind with the fact that they are really funny people it creates a show I can easily recommend. It's not a show that needs to be watched in orders so I recomend starting at one of my favorite episodes The Lost Continent. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment