Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Day 15: The Sense of Adventure

A friend of mine and I were talking about various D&D campaigns that we wanted to run. We through out some cool ideas, but my favorite was one of his. It was the idea that the campaign would take place in a young world. This world is so young that ruins don't scatter the land. A lot of the creatures that are of magical origins (as in creature races that were created by wizards) have not come around let. I then told him that if I was a character in that game I'd pick a direction, and I'd just sail in that direction until I found land. From there I'd try to start a settlement. He and I loved this idea. I just love the idea of exploring the open world and making it your own. That's one of the reasons why I'm so looking forward to Breath of the Wild.

I've never been that interested in Zelda, but this is the first one in the series that really caught my eye. I know nothing about this aside from the game play trailer, and just from that I'm interested. It is such a beautiful world that I just want to run around and see all that I can. It was that same mentality that caused me to by Xenoblade X. I just wanted to explore Mira, and now I want to explore Hyrule.

No comments:

Post a Comment