Saturday, June 4, 2016

Day 5: The Newest Starters

Hello fellow fans. I am masterofthez and this is day 5 of the Month of Writing challenge. Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio. For those unaware, these three are the new starters for Pokémon Sun and Moon. I like them all myself, so I don't really know which one I'll get when November comes around. At the moment I'm leaning towards Litten, but that's not what I'm here to talk about today. No, today I'm here to talk about the Pokémon anime and which starter Ash will catch.


First off, let's talk about pro-Rowlet stuff. Ash has caught a grass type starter in every region save for Kalos. While it can be argued that he won't get one because the region bird would also be a flying type and Ash always catches that, I don't think that argument holds water. Generation 6 gave Ash three flying types. While that fact doesn't help prove Rowlet's capture, it doesn't discourage it either.

Litten could be seen as the missing step of a trend. In Hoenn the only starter Ash caught was Treecko, a grass type. In Kalos the only starter Ash got was Frokie, a water type. That means the only type still left for Ash to get is a fire type. Thus Litten has potential.

Popplio is the adorable one that seems a lot like Oshawot and Totodile. Both of those pokémon were caught by Ash in the past, so it’s not impossible for Ash to do it again. Also, Ash's Greninja was a large success for fans (at least in the Western World. I don’t really know the opinion of elsewhere), and the show runners may want to get lighting to strike twice.

Then again, maybe Ash will catch all three like in Kanto, Johto, and Unova. But the major reason Ash got three fliers in this region (in my opinion) was because Sky Battles were a thing. I doubt they'll get much if any attention next gen, so another flier could be seen as redundant. As for Litten, Ash has never caught one of the cat pokémon, and Litten is a one of those cat pokémon. And Popplio is a performer, and the female trainer tends to be the performer of the group so she'll more likely get it.

The main reason I did all of this is to kinda prove a point. The only basis we have to predict what Pokémon Ash will and will not catch is past events. Just go onto some pokémon forums. You’ll find people saying that all three of the starts fit Ash like a glove. So really, all this speculation comes down to personal wants. So what do I want to happen? I want Ash to catch both Litten and Popplio. But it’s like I said, my want for Ash to catch both Litten and Popplio is based only on personal opinion and nothing else.


That's all for today. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment