Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 17: Why Ash wouldn't/shouldn't win the Kalos league

I've heard this song and dance many times. "Wow Ash's team is so good this time!" "I know it. This time Ash will win the league." Blah blah blah blah blah. I've been part of the Internet fandom from about half way through the Sinnioh anime, so let me tell you these thoughts of Ash actually winning a league are nothing new. But I'm not here to talk about the likelihood of Ash winning the league. I'm here to talk about why Ash shouldn't win the league.

I have two major reasons why I believe Ash shouldn't win the Kalos league. The first reason is because the villain plot is not complete. It is my opinion that the league should be the last thing in the season. It's the way Ash get's to show just how far Ash has come in in regional journey. If the villain plot isn't over before the league then that means that Ash has not achieved as much yet. What's more if Ash wins the Kalos league then we just won't have time let that settle because then the villain plot will have to be dealt with. Ash winning should be the grand conclusion to a season, not just a part of it.

The second reason is (and this is important) is that Ash has more then 6 pokemon. Ash has 68 pokemon, but as the previews are showing it looks like Ash will only be using his Kalos Pokemon. While their is nothing wrong with that on it's own, Ash shouldn't win like that. Ash's first league victory should be helped by all of his pokemon. Everyone of them should be shown in it. Everyone of them should show that it is important. Every one of them should be their to celebrate their victories. Not just six pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment