Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pokemon Silver

With the release of Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver I was able to get a copy of Pokemon Silver from a friend of mine. That game is still my only experience of the second generation of Pokemon. Anyway the Cyndaquil line is my favorite line in Johto, so that where Explotaro came from. The name is a reference Gold's Typhlosion from the Pokemon Adventure series, This will not be the only time I get a name from Pokemon Adventure. This is actually the only time I've ever played through a region for the first time without picking the water type.
Holmes came about because of how excited I was for the Sherlock Holmes movie. I don't remember why I got pure poison type when pure poison is such a bad offense type, but it did have the move Glare. It was more support then anything else. Zen was a powerhouse with the last gym and the champion both being dragon types. Cerbirdus was added right before the elite for. I liked the pun of a name I gave it so I kept it.
This would be my first instance of a five Pokemon team, and I think it worked quiet well. Next time we'll get in the remakes of generation two.

No comments:

Post a Comment