Saturday, November 28, 2015

Captain America: Civil War. Pick a side.

Captain America.

Really, why is this such a big push? It's not like this is Avenger's Civil War or Marvel's Civil War. No, this is CAPTAIN AMERICA: Civil War. This is the third Captain America movie. It's his movie. Regardless of how much we like Tony he is the antagonist of this movie. So ya. I'm rooting for the title character on this.

Now let's say it was Marvel's Civil War then I would still root for the good Captain. Steve has always acted out of society for the best of people. He joined world war two to fight bullies. He joined S.H.E.I.L.D. to stop criminals only to quiet when the criminals turned out to be S.H.E.I.L.D. Cap has proven all of his morals are in the right place. Iron Man on the other hand has shown that he shouldn't get involved in such things. He's a good hero with shaky moral backings. He has also proven in the past that he can't hand big decisions well. When faced with a monster he created (Ultron) what does he to stop it? He does the exact same thing again. It's only thanks to Thor that he doesn't fuck things up even more.  So Ya, Cap all the way.

Then again all we can go with is are preconceptions of these character, and the knowledge of the comic Civil War. For all I know Cap is actually very much in the wrong. In which case my option will change, but only time will tell.

Also I'm so glad we didn't see anything about Spider-Man in this trailer. I honestly hope he isn't in the movie much.

No comments:

Post a Comment