Monday, August 17, 2015

Dear CW's The Flash,

Don't you dare mess up Wally West.

My fear comes from the fact that you have made an African American man, Keiynan Lonsdale, Kid Flash. Now my problem is not that he is black like I assume a lot of people are. My problem is I'm afraid that the newest West's character will be based of off the New 52's Wally West who was also African American. New 52 Wally West is an angry black teenager who hates the Flash for putting Wally's father away in jail for being a supervillian. That is the beginning and end to his character. While you can make a character out of that, just know that it will not be Wally West.

Wally West is a science nerd and a Flash fanboy. When he gets super powers his first thought is to be a superhero. He's impulsive and doesn't think everything through. And above all he cares so much for his family. His wife, kids, other speedsters, and fellow titans all mean the world to him, and Wally will do anything to protect them. That is who Wally West is(minus the trouble of coming to terms with the fact that he is the Flash and and living up to what Barry had set for him).

So CW's The Flash we know that Wally can be done right. Look at Young Justice or Justice League. Both shows has Wally West as a main character, and both shows do the character justice.

I hope I have shown you that making Wally West into an amazing character is very possible, but let me make a quick warning before I sign off. If you dare mess up my favorite character of my favorite superhero I swear I WILL MAKE AN ANGRY POST ON THIS VERY BLOG! Maybe I'll even make a post on tumbler.

Love, 
masterofthez 

No comments:

Post a Comment