Saturday, August 29, 2015

Wow. That was really fun!

Earlier this week I made a post talking about characters I wanted in smash. One of those characters was the half-genie Shantae. While I was talking about her, I said I'd never actually played any of her games. That has now changed, and wow was that fun. I'm by no means a videogame reviewer, but Shanae and the Pirates' Curse is a very fun platformer.

I should say my experience with metroidvania games consist of Metroid Prime when I was 10. I didn't enjoy it. It probably didn't help that I was horrible at the game. So this is my first platformer of this kind I've played in 9 years. So I was a little nervous about getting into this game. Man was I surprised. I loved this game. Combat and platforming was really fun, but what I enjoyed most of all was the dialogue. This was a lot funnier then I thought it was going to be.

But I also learned the lesson of never playing the game when when my roommates around again. While I was playing it on my TV he came in with his friends, what they didn't notice was the amazing music, cool level design, or funny characters. They just said "She's got a nice rack." Sometimes I really hate my roommate.

Also the Flash thing will happen later. I'll start right that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment