Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top 10 DC superheros for Arrowverse

With Season 2 of the Flash and season 4 of Arrow just around the corner this CW DCU is just getting bigger and bigger. Arrow is giving us Mr. Terrific and John Constantine, and The Flash is giving us Atom Smasher and the rest of the Flash family aside from Bart and Max. But the DC universe is very big. As such their are so many more characters that can be added to this universe. So let's make this a top 10 superheros I wanted to see in this universe. My only rule is no members of the Big 3(Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) or anyone directly associated with them(Superboy, Nightwing, Wonder Girl, etc.).
10. Fire and Ice
 Okay more Fire then Ice, but they always seem to be together so their you go. These two elementals have an amazing habit of popping up around the DCU, so why not in the CWDCU. But I think Fire may actually be in the Flash later. In the episode "Power Outage" Dr. Wells names off various people who died at the participial explosion. Some of those names where Ronnie Raymond(Who became Firestorm) and Bea de Costa who is Fire. Funny how Easter Eggs work.

9. Etrigan
He's a demon superhero who speaks in rhythm. What more could you want? Really Etrigan would be nice to see in Arrow with more mystic stuff happening in that show. He would also work well with another character farther down the list.

8. Static
This is a character I now only from the cartoon, but I don't care. When most people talk about the DCAU the show they talk about is Batman, but not me. For me the DCAU was always Static Shock. What's more I think he may actually show up in Legends of Tomorrow. I can't find the interview that talks about it, but I remember someone describing a mystery character and it sounded like Static to me(or Black Lighting).

7. Starfire
My knowledge of Starfire is based around the Teen Titans show, but I will be reading her new series when it comes out in trade. Anyway Starfire will fill a role in this universe, aliens. Yes J'onn fills that role too, but Starfire has more cheer to her. And cheer will always win out for me. That and with her we'll finally have a super-powered heroine. 

6. Booster Gold

Ripe Hunter is the British dude in Legends of Tomorrow. He is also the son of Booster Gold, the man who traveled back in time to become a hero for fame and fortune. Booster would be great to show some more time travel. He would also be a better Atom then the Atom is.

5. Detective Chimp 
Everyone has their favorite weird superhero and Detective Chimp is mine. He's a super intelligent chimpanzee who solves crimes. With character like Grodd another talking ape would be great. I do love the silly of DC. And with Detective Chimp the CWDCU would have a detective in the mix. 

4. Jonah Hex
  Hex would start out by being introduced in The Flash when he travels into the future. They send him back to his own time. Then comes the mini series. Ten episode of Hex in the old west dealing with sci-fi stuff. We need this to happen. Also from this point onward are the characters I would want to have their own shows.

3. Captain Marvel
I've always liked Billy. He was a kid who could turn into basically Superman. He could be the big powerhouse of the superheros in this universe. I just think he would be really cool. This really nice boy who has had such horrible luck picks himself back up would be a great series, but you'd need a good child actor for that. Also I'd know what they'd do for the series trailer:
The camera pans over a city. A storm is raging. Grant Gustin does an over narration "I got my speed in a storm. I thought it was a one of a kind event. But it turns out I'm not the only one who got powers from lighting." Another voice  , a young boy, screams, "SHAZAM!" A lightning bolt comes down into the city. The title card then arises. 

2. Zatanna

The most likely in my mind to get her own show. Arrow is the realistic show. Flash is the science fiction show. Zatanna is the fantasy show. She could be introduced in Arrow as an old friend of Oliver. That would be the easy introduction to her. I would do something different. Zatanna and Barry know each other. Zatanna's stage magic caught Barry's attention because he believed the tricks she did where impossible. Barry spend time trying to prove she had powers only to come up with nothing, but he became friends with Zatanna in the progress. All of this would be before Barry became the Flash. She would then be introduced in the actual show when she came as part of a tour. The spin-off show would be her fighting demons, god, and other magical beings. I would LOVE a Zatanna show, but not as much as my number 1.

1 Blue Beetle
Nothing against Ted Cord, but Jaime is my Blue Beetle. He is also my favorite not Flash DC superhero. I once again know how the show would go. It would start with Jaime coming home from hanging out with his friends. He's on the phone with his mom telling her that he'll be home soon, and that he's just about to pass the Cord building. Sadly he doesn't get the chance to go past it. The building explodes, and Jaime is knocked to the ground. Next to him lands a blue scarabs. In shock Jamie picks up the scarab only for it to start moving and crawl onto Jaime's spin. It then produced the armor around Jaime all the while saying "Danger. Must Escape." Jaime finally staring to freak out and tries to stop, but to no avail. The suit flies Jaime into outer space. Their he learns about his power while helping some aliens. That is the first couple of episodes. He then makes it back to earth only for a year to have past. He explains to his friends and family where he has been for the past year, and that he now has a super suit. That would be the first season. Season two would be the Reach invasion with it being foreshadowed throughout season 1. I clearly put a lot of thought into this. 

So their you go. The ten characters I want in the CWDCU. I would be happy if any of them make it, but in a perfect world they'll all happen the way I want it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment